Dr. Robert A. Scott was appointed by the University’s Board of Trustees as the school’s ninth President and professor of anthropology and sociology in July 2000.
Dr. Scott continues his service at Adelphi University as President Emeritus and a continuing member of Adelphi’s faculty.
» About Dr. Robert A. Scott
Speeches and Correspondence
» View all speeches and correspondence
Essays and Opinion Pieces
» View all essays and opinion pieces
Robert A. Scott serves on the following boards:
- In 2013, Grant-Thorton dedicated its annual publication, “The State of Higher Education 2013″, to Dr. Scott
- Named one of 100 Most Influential Long Islanders by Long Island Business News
- The Harbor Child Care Distinguished Service Award
- The Huntington Chamber of Commerce-Regional Business Partnership Award for Excellence in Higher Education
- The Association for Commerce Industry and Technology Award for Distinguished service in the field of Higher Education
- The Humanitarian of the Year Award from the Hispanic Counseling Center
- The Garden City Chamber of Commerce Achievement Award
- The “David” Award for Community Service and excelling in one’s profession from Networking Magazine
- The Spirit of Long Island Award for Education
- The Community Service Award from the Mineola-Garden City Chamber of Commerce
- The Award of Achievement from Public Relations Professionals of Long Island
- The 2010 Award for weekly editorial writing from the Press Club of Long Island
- The 2008 Chief Executive Award from CASE – the Council for the Advancement and support of Education (District II)
- Recipient of the prestigious 2008 Chief Executive Leadership Award by the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) District II.
- Selected to Participate in International Higher Education Forum
- Named One of the 100 Most Influential Long Islanders by Long Island Business News